Brevard OPTIONS Lab and Library
FDLRS East OPTIONS Lab (Brevard)
FDLRS/East is happy to provide up to date resources for parents, teachers, students, and community members. Our OPTIONS Lab, located in Pod 4 of the Educational Services Facility, in Viera (Brevard), houses both our library as well as our production lab in one easy to access location.
Why the OPTIONS Lab?
We know that students need options in how they engage, how they access their curriculum, and how they show what they know. Our OPTIONS lab provides a place to research and create those options for students.
Our production lab equipment can be used to make materials to support their child at home. You will have access to our computer lab with computers, color printer, bookbinder, ellison machine (die cut shapes), laminator, poster machine, Sizzix, and more. Our team, with expertise in both academics and visual supports will be on hand to help you brainstorm what materials will best meet your child's needs.
OPTION Lab visits are available on scheduled dates and by appointment. Scheduled dates will have full use of both equipment and consumable materials. For appointments, please bring any consumable material you may need, such as cardstock.
Want to learn more about our OPTIONS Lab?
Ready to schedule an appointment? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to attend a Parent Production Lab date? Register online!
While the FDLRS library is physically hosted at the Educational Services Facility in Viera, our materials are listed in the online Follett Destiny library management system so that you can easily search our holdings.
It is not necessary to log in to the Follett library to search for books.
How to search and check out items from the library:
- Search for an item (by keyword, title, author, subject or series).
- From the search results, click on the title of the item that you are interested in checking out.
- The “title details” page opens. On this page you can read the annotation and see whether or not the item is currently available.
- Copy the Bar Code Number (7 digit number-if listed) and the title of the item.
- Then, use the link below to request your desired items. FDLRS/East Staff will make arrangements with you regarding how to receive the requested materials.
Library Policies & Procedures
There are both professional and student use materials available for check out. Materials may be requested in person, by email, or by phone. Special assistance for selecting materials is available from FDLRS Resource Teachers, upon request. Materials can be sent to Brevard district teachers through the school courier.
The library is open on school days from 8:00 am- 4:00 pm by appointment only.
What are the loan policies?
- Materials are loaned primarily for preview purposes, demonstration, trial-use, and evaluation.
- Materials are NOT consumable. Participants may NOT write in the materials.
- By request, materials not immediately available may be placed on reserve.
Who can check out materials?
Anyone who serves exceptional students in Brevard or Volusia including:
- Public school teachers
- Private school teachers
- Private and community agency personnel
- Parents of exceptional students
- University students
How long can I keep the materials?
- Most materials - 9 weeks
- DVDs - 1 week
NOTE: All materials loaned are subject to recall on an "as needed" basis by FDLRS.
How many items can I check out?
- Brevard and Volusia Public School Teachers - 15 items
- All others - 5 items
We have materials available in the following categories:
Word Recognition & Analysis
Reading Programs, Kits & Series
Vocational/Daily & Independent Living Skills
Social Science & Skills/Affective Development
Sensory Perception/Motor Development/Cognition
Early Childhood/Child Development
Parent Support Materials
Vocational/Daily Living Skills
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Speech & Language Impaired
Specific Learning Disabled